Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Maybe?

Well, tonight was my first date with Rob.

We have a lot in common.  He likes to travel. He was also married for 17 years, divorced 1.  Has 3 kids too.  Likes to ride bikes, workout and go to shows... oh likes to cook and I like to eat.  (ha.ha.)

He recently joined a gym he said to 'keep up with me'... ha.ha.  He is looking to lose a few and I was going to my spin classes bright and early in the am that week.

So, Monday night we planned to meet after work and eat, then he called me at work and said he had a surprise for me...
He picked me up at work tonight and as soon as I got in he told me there was a bottle of water for me in the door.  (awe, I know)  We drove around a local neighborhood called Mt. Adams.  I actually ran there when I did the Flying Pig marathon in 2011.  There is a beautiful view of the park.  We had time to kill so he filled me in on the details of my evening.  We stopped by Rookwood, which used to be a GIANT pottery factory that has exposed beams, huge kilns you can sit in, and some pretty dim lights.  It is a killer romantic atmosphere!  Wow.
We had 45 minutes only so we opted for appetizers and wine.  We had brusetta and country fried bacon. Yep.  The really did find a way to make it even more unhealthy!! lol.
We quickly made it out of there just in time to get to Playhouse in the Park to see Hank Williams Lost Highway.  It was a synopsis of Hank's life told by his Mom, Wife, Buddies and songs by Hank all rolled into one.
My Dad really enjoyed Hank Williams when I was a kid so many of those songs brought back memories.  I actually had a good time!

Rob is VERY affectionate.  Kind of 'nerdy' looking.  It was different, but nice. He opened all the doors for me and helped me put on my coat!
I have never had such an evening.  It really impressed me.

The only thing I didn't like was he likes to talk about himself.  I am not sure if that was nerves or normal... I will see.  He is about the same height as me, the shortest guy I have ever dated.    Maybe a bit taller,  he could loose 30 lbs, but has some pretty nice arms...

Definitely would like to see him again.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment